Chris' Linkjockey blog links to unique, fantastic sites on the web that you haven't seen before.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Click here to help the oppressed.

DO-GOODER: 10 Online Ways to Save The World - Valleywag


"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:
I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'
"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'
Matthew 25: 35-40

It's really wonderful that there are ways to use our internet click-streams and our computers' power into really positive actions that have real-world consequences. In the passage above, Jesus tells us some ways that we can serve Him. While not all of Valleywag's 10 Online Ways to Save The World are opportunities to help the overlooked or ignored, you can indeed use your computer to fight disease, feed the hungry, help the poor work their way out of extreme poverty, or meet up with, or start, a new organization that helps the oppressed.

No comments: