Help Clueless Relatives with Their Computer Problems - Lifehacker
Despite the uncharitable title, this looks like a good start for resolving serious problems with Windows computers. The article has suggestions to deal with common problems, such as:
- "It takes forever to start up."
- "I keep getting a pop-up saying I need to pay for my antivirus software."
- "When I get on the internet things look weird" or "I keep getting these annoying popup ads."
- "I can't find the digital photos I downloaded last month."
- "I'm running out of hard drive space."
- "The internet stopped working."