Chris' Linkjockey blog links to unique, fantastic sites on the web that you haven't seen before.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Futurist talks about the future of Christianity

Kevin Kelly on the Next 1,000 Years of Christianity churchrelevance.com
What's your point caller?: Q - Kevin Kelly

I've been a reader of Wired magazine for a few years, and I've come to really respect the work of its founder Kevin Kelly. He is a renowned Futurist, I've written a couple of entries about Kevin Kelly before. I also think his Cool Tools list is just awesome. I recently discovered that Kevin is a Christian, and I did a little more research.

Today's links are notes from a talk that Kevin Kelly gave at a Fermi Conference. He did his futurist thing on possible futures for the Christian church over the next 1,000 years, and his findings are pretty novel. A lot has changed in the church in the past 1,000 years, but he states plainly that one thousand years is only 13 generations. Even predicting half a generation ahead produces some surprising results, and he predicts that by 2040, 30% of all Christians will be from China and the world population will be shrinking.

No comments: