Chris' Linkjockey blog links to unique, fantastic sites on the web that you haven't seen before.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Luongo shaves playoff beard; I'm next.

The Vancouver Canucks face elimination from the playoffs in tonight's game against Chicago.  Canucks' captain, Roberto Luongo, shaved his playoff beard yesterday to "Change things up a little bit,"  presumably with the intention of winning tonight's game.  The move could also be interpreted as Luongo giving up, or being distracted by the media and focussing on things that have absolutely zero impact on the outcome of tonight's hockey game, but I'm going to be optimistic.  

Most importantly, if the Canucks' superstar goalie shaves his playoff beard, why should I keep mine?  

Incidentally, I just found an article about Bangkok's triving ice hockey scene.  Maybe I can still go semi-pro after all!

No comments: