Chris' Linkjockey blog links to unique, fantastic sites on the web that you haven't seen before.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Christopher Walken - Week of YouTube: Day 1

Dancin' Pimp

Why not feature a week of video clips from the mother of all video channels, Youtube?

Ever since I discovered him around the time of Pulp Fiction, I’ve had an affinity for Christopher Walken. First, our names are so similar; he’s Christopher Walken, I’m Christopher Walks. Secondly, he’s a really great actor with lots of unusual, juicy character roles. Thirdly, I found out that despite all the strange roles he’s played, Christopher Walken got his start in show biz as a trained dancer.

Apparently, in every film he’s in, Christopher Walken tries to incorporate a dance scene or some fancy footwork as a signature move. His dancing was profiled most recently in the Fatboy Slim video for “Weapon of Choice”.

From all of the Walken movies I’ve seen, this scene from the 1981 film Pennies from Heaven blows my mind, particularly the second half of the clip. Watch and be amazed.

Today’s Link source: Batman Returns was on TV the other day. Terrible movie.

No comments: