Chris' Linkjockey blog links to unique, fantastic sites on the web that you haven't seen before.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Micro-blogging with Tumblr

Tumblr. & Linkjockey Tumblr

What's micro-blogging?
Some people cave under the pressure of rigours of creating quality blog posts all the time, so micro-blogging seems to be an attempt to streamline the process.

How does Tumblr fare?
Tumblr is really easy to use. I was up and running in about 2 minutes, and could see myself keeping track of cool links there, kind of like an annotated version of del.icio.us, instead of using Tags. You can embed images, links, chat, text, and video, so it has all the bells and whistles. It would also be good for live-blogging events.

I started the Linkjockey Tumblr site with some other great links sent to me by Richard Belotte (aka the world's greatest magician), namely: Tumblr.com, Freeindie.com, Musicovery.com, Liveplasma.com and Virb.com. Drop me a comment here, or a line on the chat page and let me know what you think of Tumblr.

Today's Link source: Richard Belotte

No comments: